Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Feeling "WICKED"

Our neighbor was SOOOOOOOOOOO nice to think of us when selling some of her tickets to Wicked! I heard they went fast and we probably would not have had the opportunity to see the show if not for her--so THANKS EMILY!! Maah-wahh!
We showed restraint although it was hard not to buy a t-shirt or witch hat!

Uh..ya...This would be why we are getting a new camera (stayed tuned to see if the pictures improve after Mother's Day:) We went on the night that President Monson, Uchdorf, their wives and other General Authorities were there. You can kind of see Pres. Uchdorf in the upper right of the picture and the back of President Monson's head near the center of the picture. It was fun to be in the same room with them. I think they were all on their way back from BYU's graduation that night. We were able to wave to them in their cars whisking them away after the performance.
One day we will get away to NY to see more shows but we thought it was great we were able to see Wicked here! (Toss-toss) (Line from the show:)
Mikelle was able to come too as part of her b-day present!
Such a great performance! We love the theater! It would be so awesome to be able to sing like that! Steve keeps his chuckles to himself as Mikelle & I try to "take it away" in the car on the way home:) We get props for music appreciation at least though right!

9 comments:

Toni said...

That's cool that you got to go on the same night as the Prophet.

Sarah Preston said...

you are so lucky you were able to go! Joe and I have been wanting to go so bad, but we can't pay the prices that people are selling them for.
What a bonus that you could see the first presidency!

brunger bunch said...

That was a great night out I am sure! Hope you are doing well:)

mama fish said...

It looks like we missed out, but the ticket sales paid for the computer crashing relpacement. I'm glad Mikelle got to with you...lucky girl. I will have your hairspray asap!

Nikki said...

That is a great musical. Bailee and I loved it! We saw it in London a few years ago, then she saw it last year in New York.

I'm glad you got to go and had a great time.

Lenice said...

How fun. What a fun night with just the three of you.

Mikelle said...

Thanks for taking me! It was the best birthday pressent EVA!! Cute background!:)
Love Ya!

Cami said...

I'm so jealous! I don't have any friends who could hook me up - sniff, sniff. Maybe I'll go see it in LA. :)

Heidi : ) said...

That is so amazing!!! I also want to say that I feel like I am very busy person then I come and look at your blog and realize that you are 6 times more busy than I am and you make it work!!! You are my idol!!! You rock DUDE love ya <3Heidi