Monday, December 29, 2008

Sixteen Years ago Today...

We may have a few more gray hairs and wrinkles than we did 16 years ago, but we are enjoying every moment today, celebrating with movies, going out to eat, and just being together! My sisters were so kind to "pay us back tending," and take the kids for 2 1/2 whole days! It seems like we never get any "unrushed" time together anymore so needless to say we are in complete heaven! We started out with watching Mamma Mia at home this morning and to borrow a line from the movie...("dot, dot, dot!!!!") (You'll have to see it to get it:)
We have had the chance to reflect today on the great times we have had and laugh about inside jokes (one of which is always trying to be one step back from each other in pictures so one of us looks smaller (skinnier)! Looks like I backed up just as the camera clicked tonight--
Gotcha this time!:)
After a lite lunch at Rumbi's Island Grill, we were off to the Benjamin Button movie. We both LOVED it (even though it was a little depressing/tear jerking at times); very thought provoking and a great reminder to live in the moment and take advantage of precious time that you can never get back! We then joined the hundreds of other people at the new Olive Garden in AF to use our gift certificates from Christmas! Very yummy apricot chicken and halibut! Just taking a quick "food digestion break" (to "journal" this before we are off for "another DVD:)" We highly recommend this economy-friendly anniversary get-away!! We are most relaxed at the Dimond Anniversary Inn and it is very easy on the wallet! We have made it through some tough times together and know there will be more trials to come, but for today, we are enjoying the moment!
Happy Anniversary Steve! I Love You!

9 comments:

Queen Elizabeth said...

Hey girl! It's Liz Creer - got your Christmas letter - love the blog! Check mine out if you're bored ;)

Happy New Year and congrats on 16 years - we just celebrated 11!!! Keep up the good work...

Toni said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm glad you got some alone time and a chance to relax.

Jennie said...

I'm glad you are having so much fun. Ryan and I are going to try and go see Ben and his button :) tomorrow. Hopefully we'll get a seat. Micky-i-A-La, has been an angel. I'm not sure if we'll get the boyz and Ken-D or not. They may want to stay up North for another day. We'll keep you posted. Enjoy every moment! You'll be back in the trenches in no time!

Jennie said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast. Tell me all about it when I get back! Can't wait to see you tomorrow! Love You Guys!
Mikelle

Jody and Dave Lindsay said...

What a great anniversary present! I love my children, yet I REALLY love to get away with the husband! Happy 16th Anniversary- we love you guys!

Sarah Preston said...

congratulations! It was so fun to see the two of you today! I'm sorry that I couldn't visit longer!

Lenice said...

Annalee, it's Lenice here. I'm so glad you put your blog on your Christmas card. You are putting my blog to shame. I'm so glad you guys had a great anniversary.

Jodi said...

We must think alike. We were just a day behind you in celebrating our 5th anniversary...We also went to the new Olive Garden in AF and saw Benjamin Button. I do agree that staying home is definately cheaper.

Cami said...

Sounds like a great anniversary. Jon said the other day, "A year ago today we came home from our cruise" - time flies! That's funny about the pic - you had told me that - so I actually noticed the step back before I read it. :)