Monday, December 8, 2008

Steve Presented to New School Board!

I have learned over the years that if you really want a picture of something, you just take it and beg forgiveness later:)...a perfect example is last Tuesday night when we all got dressed up and traveled to Albion Middle School in east Sandy where the new school board was meeting that night. There was never a good time to snap any pictures once the board walked in (yet nothing but the table with microphones to take a picture of before the meeting) and I didn't want to "get busted" for taking pics at any other time during the meeting--so I didn't get any of Steve being presented as the new Director of Human Resources for the Canyons School District!
We still wanted to remember the special night,
so we did our normal photo shoot with ourselves!

Your girls love ya POP! We are so proud of you!

The meeting is just inside this auditorium door but they excused us after Steve's turn as I think they could see Ken-D was "getting tired":)

Way to go Pop! He had to stay (and we drove separate cars as we were anticipating this). We celebrated in Pop's honor at my alma mater employment (Chick-Fil-A:). (You have got to try the chocolate chip peppermint shake:) We were all in heaven! We must have been parked enjoying the shakes longer than we thought as Steve beat us home! It was a great night for Steve! It is a lot of pressure doing 2 jobs right now (doesn't officially start the new job until
Jan. 1, 09) but that doesn't mean the responsibility isn't already there!! I wish it meant double pay checks for December--but no such luck!

8 comments:

Toni said...

I like the pictures you took. Tell Steve good luck with his new job.

Annissa said...

Way to go Steve! You will be great!

Heidi : ) said...

Tell steve congrats on the fun ahead. He deserves it.

You all look so sooo soooo great. what have you been doing you have lost weight.
Wow I miss chik fil a (sp)
love and miss ya
Heidi

Em said...

Annalee! I just love your guts and I am excited that you found my blog and in turn I get to stalk yours! You are such an amazing everything! Love your guts!
Emily

Cami said...

congrats Steve! And all you girls are color-coordinated - nice. Kennedy's dress is just gorgeous!

Jody and Dave Lindsay said...

We are so happy about Steve's new job!

Lenice said...

Dude ya!! I just got your Christmas card and thought I would check in. Your fam is so cute. I'm glad I know someone in the new school district so I can make my voice heard (just kidding). We are excited about the change. Hope things are great. I am the YW pres. in my ward-it is a fun place to serve. You will be great. Have a Merry Christmas!!

crystal said...

You are gorgeous in that photo, Annalee! I received your Christmas card today; thank you!
xoxo
Crystal