Friday, February 6, 2009

Another one bites the dust!

Last Saturday morning, we knew we had to say farewell to an old friend! After 217,672 miles of carrying us around, the green fluid leaking from the front end was the last signal we needed to say...enough! No more $$ into repairs! We have prolonged the inevitable until the last moment! (I had just re-registered in December too-darn it)! We kept thinking--just "a few more miles" as our last Camry made it until 267,000 miles and was still running strong at trade in time! (granted they were freeway miles back in the home-health care days).
We were off to Brent Brown in Orem after Steve did all of the research and wheeling and dealing on-line! After talking with my brother Matt, we would have made the trek to Bountiful if we thought the car would have made it up there!
The last good-bye! Sniff-sniff:)
Of course the sadness only lasts a little while when you have got something less scary to drive! I have wanted a black car forever but have always been too practical (oh-they get too dirty etc!) Well who cares! I am not getting any younger and why not? If you can't afford the black beamer until next car:), why not go for the econo-friendly Toyota Corolla sport? Thanks Matt for remembering to tell us about the spoiler and alloy wheels etc--what was I thinking:)?
The first week driving has been awesome and the kids highly approve! I think it is great and you can't beat the price, gas mileage, and over-all feel. Mikelle's favorite part is plugging her Ipod she just bought with all of her babysitting $$ into the stereo attachment. Oh girls! How did the pioneers do it in the covered wagons and in the cold!:)
I loved how we were signing for the car and one of the salesmen during the final stages of signing asked "Why a Corolla after all the Camrys?" I explained that tough economic times call for cuts everywhere:) (i.e. I wanted as little debt as we could)--so wish us luck for the next 10 years in this car until the BMW comes calling!

9 comments:

Jennie said...

I see you are up late as well. :) I'm off to bed, but just had to tell you how cute your car looks. We can't wait to check it out in person

grandma gus said...

That is awesome!!! Love it!!!
How do you think it will do in the snow, does it have all wheel drive?
We are so happy for you, to have a great little dependable auto to zip around in.....hold on to your BIPPY!!! Yes, I wonder what the pioneers think of all of us when they look down and see how all of us are so blessed in comparison!!!

Toni said...

Congrats on the car. I'm sure my sister would approve of the BMW as she works for them on the weekend.

Kimi said...

Woo Hoo. Look at you! Check that out. Nice ride... I'm jealous that you have a newer model, and cuter color. :) jk. I really do like the look of the Corolla though. The sporty look is stylin'! Every time you wash it, make sure to wax it and you will feel like a million bucks!

Cami said...

The car looks cute! Have fun driving it!

Annissa said...

Wow! You have got some nice wheels! I am hoping my Minivan will go at least another 100,000! H

Lenice said...

With you driving that car, you need to make sure and get a bigger diamond ring so that all the single men know your taken. Oh, I guess the 4 kids in the car will send the same message. Cute car!!

Holly Emerson said...

Great choice! I love Toyotas. You will be able to drive that one into the ground, too.

Crazy Lees said...

THats funny....I remeber the ol friend from Miss orem Dayz!
luv the new ride..very sweet!