Friday, January 30, 2009

Mikelle wins Honorable Mention & Most Creative!

Today was the 6th grade science fair. Mikelle's entry won most creative and will be one of the alternates to go to region if any of the Miss America projects can't go:) I thought she did a fantastic job and was so organized, prepared, and even had it ready several days before it was due!! She has become fabulous with time management (all of the years of nagging pay off:)
The judges were there bright and early to judge the projects. The 6th graders then showed their projects to other grades in the school and the parents. They also spoke with the judges. Mikelle's project dealt with the strength of a magnet on varying temperatures of a piece of metal. At the coldest temperature, the magnet held the most washers (weights put on the metal piece two at a time until the suspended metal piece dropped). She did a great job!
After lunch, we returned for the awards ceremony where Mikelle won her award.
Kennedy and mom were so glad we were there!
Way to go Mikelle! You rock!

7 comments:

Jennie said...

You are all a house full of winners! First Mikelle and the science fair and then the boys and their cars. Congratulations guys!

Toni said...

Yea Mikelle! Brains and beauty, the perfect combination!

Holly Emerson said...

Annalee! I'm so excited! You have the cutest family!

Mattie Nelson and Kara Rhodes said...

wow!!! i havent seen you forever, but i bet you did great!!!!
mattie nelson

Mikelle said...

Mattie!!
You need to invite me to your blog
Thanks! It was a blast but lots of work! Hope to see you soon!
Love,
Mikelle

Abbie said...

Annalee,
I'm glad you tracked my blog. (If you couldn't tell I had already been stalking your blog... I had added you to my blog roll before you found mine) Horrible, I know. I was caught. But I am glad you did. Your family is darling and you look amazing!!! We sure miss you and your spunk at the Valley. Every once in a while we will be in the nursery and reminisce. "Do you remember when Annalee did the splits, or how she would giggle about everything!" Good times :)

Unknown said...

AHH annalee.. how in the world are you?? i don't even know if you remember working with me at UVRMC.. it's kelli kinnersley.. well marshall now. i found your blog on jade hulse's.. just thought i would say hi! my blog is private but if you wanna see it just send me an email to kellemarshall@gmail.com