Friday, April 30, 2010

A Fresh Start-2010

Happy New Year! A fresh start is always nice-except for that the fresh start comes in January when all you can do is wake up and face the "on-slaught:)" and freezing weather. I am now sure that I had Seasonal Affective Disorder as I feel so much better now that we've had a few days of sunshine (blogging this 4 month later:). I will have to look into something for next winter!
Some days I thought I was going to lose my mind as Cameron was sick again almost as soon as he was better. The poor thing! We now know that his tonsils were harboring the strep as they were so huge and cavernous (tonsillectomy post to come:). We were going crazy trying to clean and clorox light switches, door knobs etc! We thought he might even be re-infecting himself at school! I seriously about went crazy trying to get him better and keep the rest of the family well through the winter.
Our washer decided to also "lose it" through the winter. It would just "jam and error" for no reason. The door would lock and you had no other choice but to break the door or cancel the cycle that was one minute away from finishing and re-run the whole thing. When we had a repair man out to help us, it apparently is a common problem with these front loaders. Everything was "running fine" on the inside so we were stuck with the frustration of just dealing with it until it breaks for good and we could justify new ones. I don't recommend front loaders for anyone thinking about them. I have to move my clothes to the drier within an hour or two of the cycle finishing or else the clothes start to stink and sour. On the bright side, it has helped me do the laundry all within one day to prevent foul-smeeling clothes/re-washing!
January means our annual b-day outing! Laurie celebrates the middle of Dec. and Gretchen is right by b-day-so we all just celebrate together! They are such awesome friends. We have been through a lot together through the years!
Steve and the kids got me the cutest singing card and yummy cake!
Thanks guys!
One more year until "the big-one!"
Gus b-day celebration with Lexie!
Mikelle and her friend Maddie made treats for their gymnastics instructor. They have been learning so much and progressing great!
Ricki is probably sick of us but we hired her for some private lessons as well. I wish we would have gone this route years ago! So worth the $$ for the individual attention and help!
She is working with them to get their round-off-double back hand-springs.
With help...
...and without! Yeah Mikelle! Keep up the good work!
The first month of book group down! Yeah! I am trying so hard to make time to read and continue to learn! It was actually a pretty inspiring read and encouraged me to press on and never give up!!

2 comments:

Toni said...

Busy as usual. That is good to know about the washer.

Annissa said...

Hey i love your green jacket! Looking good!