Sunday, March 1, 2009

Grandparents and Glitter Toes!

With the Dimond side of the family getting so BIG (4 generations at family gatherings), we recently "re-vamped" the gathering schedule a little but still have dinner with Grandparents scheduled once a month. We thought it was a perfect time for both sets of Grandparents to be here and visit! We had a ball this weekend visiting as Steve whipped up a choice of Salmon, Talapia, and Grilled Chicken for our main dish!
Our camera is on it's last leg but we had to get a picture with our "Mums & Dad's!"

Since I can't compete with Steve's cooking skills, I just change out the decorations for the next upcoming holiday, set the table, plan the meal, arrange the details, and pick up the dessert from Marie Calenders:). It works out great for everyone!
We also had a fun week with the Beehives here for a night of Glitter Toes, recipe boxes (my cute friend Kristin did the vinyl lettering for the girl's recipe boxes), a demo on carmel corn, Personal Progress interviews, and a lesson on beauty and hygiene!
I can't believe we didn't have any paint spills:)
Cute girls!
Everyone helping each other get gorgeous toes!
Katie and her mom took their turn for recipe night demonstrating one of their quick but fun family favorites (carmel corn).
It brought back the fudge making memories...cooking it until the soft ball candy stage etc. What stage do we cook the fudge to Mom? Is that right?
The girls showed up with their Ipod and I Home and cranked up the tunes for our "spa night." Steve was a great sport to fold laundry in our room while all of the girls had a party! It was a great week and even better now that I made it through teaching the combined YW lesson today too! What a busy but very fun calling!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Analee...I saw your blog on my moms and had to stop by. Your family is SO darling. I can't Believe how old your kiddos are! your little Mickell(sp) is BEAUTIFUL!!

Toni said...

Such girlie fun!

Bekah said...

I'm sure glad some people love YW because I'm just not cut out for all that drama. Camp? maybe, but drama, no. What a great group of girls you have. I keep forgetting how "expanded" UT wards are compared to ours. Have a great week.

Holly Emerson said...

I love that one of your beehives is doing the splits. You told her to do that, didn't you?

Cami said...

You do such a great job with all the decorations. That pic of you and Aidan is sure cute!

Nikki said...

I don't covet callings ever!! I love teaching Sunday School to 17 teens ages 15-18. ;) I mean really who wouldn't.

But those young women look like a ton of fun. I don't think I'll ever get that experience with my own daughter since she only has 1 year left.

Maybe with Brooklyn.

grandma gus said...

Our family FUDGE recipe is cooked to medium ball stage. I should use a candy thermometer and see what temp is would be. Another task for another day!!!!
Love the energy that comes from your pictures!!!

Katie said...

I found your blog!! I love it! I love the pictures of the girls. They told me how much they love your activities, by the pictures they seemed to have a blast! You are so awesome! I wished I could have come to this!