Friday, March 20, 2009

Wii Caved on St. Patrick's Day!

We have put off "video game" purchases our whole married lives as we knew there was "so much more out there" that needed to be done in the world besides "time wasting games":). We have soon discovered though that friends aren't coming and staying at our home anymore because other homes are "funner!" We have realized we had to adjust to keep supervision on the kids and also take our turn with play dates! Hopefully we are cool enough for everyone now:) We opted for the Wii system as you have to actually move with so many of the games! Wii have to admit that it is pretty fun! Kennedy is so cute with the cow race game and of course the boys and Mikelle love it all. After I catch my breath from the week, I will try Wii Fit this weekend!
We had a fun St. Patrick's Day all sporting green! Pop even whipped up the green waffles that morning before he left for work.
Cute Christian!
Yes I did get into the spirit of the day and even wore my wig Visiting Teaching that morning. I am sure it was a little inappropriate, but my VT group "knows me":)
I keep trying to imitate Mikelle's "model -pout - Oh-no-you-did-n't" look but she is the pro!
It was a great day! The kids were in heaven with the "pot of gold" (new purchase) and we just feel "LUCKY" to have such sweet little leprechauns!--awwwww

9 comments:

Holly Emerson said...

Wow! Nice hair! I, too, have a Wii, and I love it!

Jennie said...

Wow! I think that beats out the green eggs I made for my kids.

Annalee, I love the wig. It is actually cute!

We are glad to hear that Judy is doing so well. Keep us posted.

Nikki said...

Wii gotta love the Wii. Our family favorite is Mario Cart. Christmas brought a wheel for each child, even the teens.

The race is on!! Try it.

Now Bowling...I'll stick to the real thing. The kids beat me at it on the Wii every time.

Your house is surely cooler now. ;)

Toni said...

I know other parents who bought a Wii so that kids will come to their house to play. I've head Wii Fit is really good.

iliana said...

How fun! We miss you, wish you were still a valley girl!!

grandma gus said...

Who wouda/coulda thot they made green hair!!!! You have way too much energy.....but the kids are the benefactors...they are so lucky to have a MOM who is exciting and always doing something great and good...it's a winner!!!!
Loved all of the family pictures since I didn't make it outside!!
Kimi has a 3rd job now....as a spotter on the tramp! Way to go Mekelle!!! Go gus Team!!!

Bekah said...

You guys are so funny with your traditions and holidays. I'm more of a "culture" person myself, making corned beef and red potatoes for dinner (can't stand cabbage). Good for you!

Lenice said...

Way cute post. Love the Wii!!

Cami said...

Wow! - A wii for St. Patrick's day - I can't wait to see what gets pulled out for Christmas. The green hair is cute (where did you find it?) and Mikelle has perfected that pout - you better watch her in a few years.