Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Final Throwdown (August 2009)

Every Saturday this summer, Steve could be found out mowing the lawn bright and early.
He makes yard work look fun! He (and Grandma & Grandpa Dimond) were so great to also provide the opportunity for the boys to learn to mow as they traveled to mow G & G's lawn as well. They were always overly rewarded for their "services."
Looks like Aunt Kimi's moves have even trickled down to Pop!
I know it looks like we are obsessed with the Orem Owlz, but we HAD to attend the game where mascots "HOOTZ" and "HOLLY" were going to get married after the game (followed by fireworks! The ceremony was so cute with other mascots as the best men etc.


Kenz loves to go visit the mascots the whole game! Just a few more years until all 4 kids will sit and watch the game!


...oops! I just deleted the picture but we had to bring a small wedding present for them...just 2 bottles of gatorade in a Bed, Bath, & Beyond bag. I am sure they were thinking...don't put yourselves out on that generous gift--but hey the economy stinks!
Kenz looked so cute as she attended a B-day party. They went to Build-a-Bear. She had a great time!
She has a lot of the "Gus" side in her where she immediately changes into comfy jammies when she gets home and relaxes with the family collection of build-a-bears! Did I mention she also takes several baths a day sometimes? I have no idea where she gets the "clean and comfy" genes from:)
The boys keep each other entertained 24/7. Here they worked on their golf up at the cousins!
...more back handspring practice...
...straddle splits...

and more back-handsprings!
The cousins are so cute! The "triplets" are growing up so fast!
Uncle Ryan always entertains!
More cute cousins!
Took the YW to the Oquirrih Mountain Temple open house.
Steve met us there after work. The boys insisted that the Draper Temple open house a few months earlier was "good enough for them:)"
The girls wait patiently for the boys to fish in the rain!
The boys and their friends keep hopping with many adventures! We waited while they fished at a near by small park lake in Highland. It started to rain and they could have cared less. I have enjoyed seeing the differences in boys and girls as we raise both:)
Lex is so cute to bring Mikelle a matching shirt for a cousins photo shoot at the family gathering!
I think they will always treasure their friendship as cousins through the years!
Kennedy did consent to one more dance recital since it was only a week long practice with the performance that same Friday.
She attended with her BFF neighbor girls and had a ball!
They were so cute to perform and the neighbor's teenage neice who ran the week-long dance camp was darling as well!
I bet she'll do it next year too if it is only a week long commitment!
Sundance Summer Theater sent out advertisements for a special price to see the play "The Fantasticks." I could not resist since Steve starred in that exact play up at Sundance indoor theater 17 years ago when we were engaged. It was a little trip down memory lane that night hearing all of the music and lines again after all of those years.
We went with our date night BFF's (The Gordons) and stopped in the canyon for a picnic dinner prior to the show.
Such a gorgeous night in the canyon!
Wish we had our youth of nearly 20 years ago but are glad we are where we are in life!
Steve "pulling focus" (is that the right acting term when you steal the attention away from the couple I was photographing:)? We were all too old to sit that long on the lawn seats but we still had a great time! I won't even get into our attempt to cut through to the upper parking lot after the show to avoid the shuttle lines:) Let's just say we could have passed off some
hiking/repelling/or rock climbing merit badges! We learned our lesson not to be too adventurous!
Mikelle is officially a "sev-ee" (I guess they call 7th graders that now). We were at the school a few days to locate classrooms, try out the locker combination etc etc.
We also had a few trips to Walmart to get "just the right" locker contents etc. They are prepared with any supply of gum, markers, pencils, great-smelling lotion etc. that anyone might need! Mikelle was hilarious as she had her class schedule in hand the second they posted it on-line and had all friends names written by it with which classes she had with them. She is super organized and loves attention to detail! She is SO sweet! I can't believe my little baby is in Jr. High! We have to laugh as I often remind her what Dr. Richards said as he delivered her... "What a Chunk"..he said.. (She was only 8lbs 1oz, 20 inches--but solid!)I have to laugh as she is now this gorgeous skinny young woman! The time is just flying by!
First day of Jr. High!
I made her & Hannah pose for the ritual "first day" picture!
"Go get-em" Dell! (To borrow a line from Grandma Gus!)
The boys met their teacher the day before they started school! They are excited to have "Mrs. McKell!" Finally I have them back together in the same class!
Posing with the school mascot!
First day of 3rd Grade! So exciting!
The boys just earned their WOLF in scouting at the pack meeting this last week! They love scouts and are both learning a lot! They are very responsible and helpful and often get called upon to lead skits, flag ceremonies etc.
Let's just say none of the pictures from pack meeting at the park (where they have to pin the wolf pin on their mom) was too flattering:)-so we just snapped this pic when we got home! Whatever works right?
We are so proud of you boys! We are going to miss Bro. Parker as the Cubmaster as he has done a great job!
and as this crazy summer comes to a close...some of the best news is that I am going to just be working once a week (at least until Kennedy is in school all day)!
I love being a nurse and the opportunities it provides as well as the chance I have to serve others (I have even learned to love teaching CPR and first-aid for camp certification:). I just need to spend these last 2 years really enjoying the moment and taking in all I can before everyone is in school! I can work the rest of my life-but these last moments seem so precious--I don't want to miss (or be exhausted from my crazy graveyard shifts) and always regret not being "more present" for my family and my calling!
My managers have always been so awesome to work with my changing needs through the years. There is "a time and a season" for everything and right now I need both (every minute I can at home)! I am excited about my weekend "on" however as I have great friends as co-workers! Rock-on girls! Until Septmeber... out!:)

6 comments:

Toni said...

Another busy month. Enjoy more time at home with the work schedule change.

Jessica said...

I love those pictures of you with the girls from work. It makes me miss it - I need to come visit on whatever night that is. It seems as though every time I'm there I don't know ANYONE!

Lenice said...

Your kids are getting so big. What a fun family you are. I saw Steve on the first day of school for my kids. It was fun to see him "in action." Keep up the fun.

Cami said...

Love the slap on the rear poses. Ken-D looks so cute in her ballet outfit. You guys look hot up at Sundance - what a fun date to "bring back the memories". I can't believe Mikelle is in jr. high! They just grow right up, don't they- I'm glad you can work 1 night a week to enjoy this quickly passing time with them!

Jody and Dave Lindsay said...

I know how you feel! My school and Timpanogos HS really tried to get me to go full-time but in the end, I told them that I had the rest of my life to enjoy my career (if I choose) but I want to look back on the memories with my crazy kids! I told them I couldn't be bought! :)

You're so great and looking really hot! WoW! OXJODY

Mikelle said...

Time to update!:) Have Fun!
-Mikelle