Saturday, July 5, 2008

BYU Football Camp

Even though we are a week late posting, the boys had a fantastic time at football camp last week. Here they are with the "all time-famous" (as Cameron kept saying) John Beck after having the back of their shirts signed (the last day).
I am still new at the blogging thing, so I have accidentally posted these out of order, but the last day also brought cool posters, bumper stickers etc. The boys were eating it up!
Christian was in love with trying to kick the field goals. He is such a hard worker and is always outside working on his "skills" even when he is supposed to do jobs first:) Very sneaky but very dedicated. He reminds me of me when I was growing up and spent hours at the church next door practicing my jumps and kicks in the "mirror" (my reflection in the back doors of the church). He also likes to spend lots of time shooting hoops in our neighbor's driveway. Can you say he likes sports?
Again, out of order, but the last few minutes of camp each day was for a "popcicle break." All of the boys there worked so hard each day (2 hours).
Kennedy and me tried to watch the boys everyday to not miss their "sweet moves." Thank goodness she found friends to play with there. She and "Talise" had a few fun days together. It helped pass the time for them to run sprints and play tag in the section of "field" behind the parents. Speaking of the field, it was so cool to see the sports grass that was in the facility. I thought it was astroturf but apparently it was sports grass that has all of these black rubberlike granules underneath to provide the natural "give" of grass (preventing injuries). You can tell I don't get out much as I thought it was just amazing!
Thanks to Kristin Baker, the boys were able to have this great experience. She let us know that Caden and her nephew Chase would be doing the camp and that it would be fun for the boys as well! They all loved every minute and were dying to get there at least 15-30 minutes early each day to practice even more!
They went from station to station working on drills and skills. They all loved tackling the "standing blue dummy" after shuffling through the ones on the floor.
Cameron had quite the kicks. He was so fun to watch. He is also quick on his feet and was so awesome running the drills! Way to go Cam!
Christian working on punts and field goals as well.
The Indoor Practice Facility is new since my Cougartown days. It kind of takes your breath away when you first walk in. It is HUGE! What a great blessing for the Cougs to have such a great place to practice in bad weather. (I know all of the parents were in heaven when the camp ended up being held in there--we were all prepared for the outdoor sun and heat)! I have to admit that being there last week kind of re-kindled the "spirit of the Y" again within me, however, it is also so wonderful to be at this stage in life and be done with school, papers, grades, projects, dating, and the whole game of college! Way to go boys for doing such a great job, gaining skills/experience and having FUN! GO Cougars!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Cam and Tross - how fun! We are glad you were able to go. Uncle Ryan is a little disappointed you weren't at a U of U camp - but he still loves you!

Emily said...

Fun! I love BYU!!! I hope that I will be able to go there!