Sunday, November 9, 2008

Extreme Home Make-Over 2008 Edition

Hey! We are only a month behind on our "photo journal" (blog) but at least we can be caught up after we post every day this coming week:) Steve was able to take a few days off work the last part of October so he and the Dimond clan could do a make-over on his parents home while they were away.
They all worked so hard together and did everything from re-paint cabinets and 2-tone paint the whole upstairs to adding new drawer/handle pulls on all the cupboards/drawers and replaced light fixtures/switches/and plugs. One of my favorite parts was the re-textured ceiling (Go Mike!)
It was amazing to see them all pull together to do such a fantastic job. They even finished with cleaning the carpets & replacing a few doors etc.


Thanks to everyone--it turned out so great and Grandma & Grandpa Dimond were so thrilled.



I have to say that I had the "easy job" of keeping the kids out of the way (at home) (most of the time). They did come home one day with a little paint on their clothes but it was fun for them to help at least a little! (I just didn't want to have G & G Dimond's carpet covered in paint tracks--so we tried to stay out of the way and let Steve & Company "do their thing!) Way to Go Dimonds! You are all 'da bombs! (I wonder if I will still say bomb in every sentence in 2009)?:)




5 comments:

Sarah Preston said...

I was so sad that I couldn't get there to help out between work and school! Joe and I went over there today and I thought it looked so great. You married a professional!

Jennie said...

My gosh! What a job. You'll have to post the after pics. Way to go Steve and fam!

Nikki said...

Wow!! That is so exciting. Did they know of the makeover or was it a big surprise?

How fun to go on a little vacation and come home to an updated home. I love it!!

Toni said...

You should post the after pictures. That's really cool that they all got together and did that.

Cami said...

That's so nice - I bet they are lovin' it! Maybe Steve can stop by here sometime and do the same thing? :)