Sunday, January 30, 2011

Steve Judges the Miss Wasatch County Pageant

Steve was asked to judge the Miss Wasatch County pageant on July 10, 2010.
He is such a great judge as he has a great eye for talent, interview, and over quality of the contestant. He is frequently asked to judge pageants but can hardly ever do it with his schedule. This one just happened to work out! Here he is as the panel of judges are introduced!
They had some great girls running. One girl had to drop out that day though as she apparently has a medical condition/low blood pressure issue? where she passed out cold during her interview and smacked her head:(. They announced later that she was OK--poor thing!
I had to snap a picture of the husband and wife auditors as it brought back the memories of the 2 or so years Steve and I did it for the Miss Timpanogos Pageant--as well as were the Judges Chairpersons! It was so stressful making sure everything flowed flawlessly from the contestant info bios/booklets to the judges dinner and scoring/tabulating/printing the results! I am so glad we have simplified our lives a little!
Of course the tall blond won (not that she didn't deserve it and not that I have anything against blonds:), I just have a part of me that always roots for the underdog too! I was able to meet up with Steve afterward to grab a treat and then since we drove there separately (he had to be there all day for interviews etc.), I had a very peaceful and beautiful drive home! The lake was gorgeous girls (as Mom would say)! It was like crystal clear glass so I had to get a picture with one hand without taking my eyes off the road! What a fun evening!

No comments: