Monday, January 3, 2011

Tross in Lacrosse

I have looked at my pictures and I am getting hopeful as I am only a few hundred posts away from documenting 2010:). Just keep swimming right? Anyway-Christian (nickname Tross) discovered Lacrosse this year and loved it! He was so disappointed that there wasn't a "tournament" at the end of the city game season as they were undefeated!
They were great players and they had great coaches who really took the time to help them learn, grow, and succeed!
One of the "pep talks."
We found out about a last minute lacrosse camp put on by high school lacrosse players. I guess the word didn't really get out on it as Christian and Max were the only ones to show! They basically had a week of private lessons each morning for a week for like $25 or something! They learned a lot and I think the high school players had fun as well even though I felt bad that their "money maker" didn't provide too much cash for them. I tried to just stay and watch most days as I walked laps on the track that was close.
We fell in love with the game as well. Here is Christian "scoring" on warm ups.
I should have cropped this one...he is in the orange shorts.
I had no idea what "cradling" the ball was until this year!
Face off!
The boys trying everything out at the lacrosse equipment store.
I love how they hold their sticks up in the circle for the team chants/rally calls.
Mr. Tough-guy!
At practice
I just had to take one more with the gorgeous mountain behind him!
Cameron was able to try the sport a little as they let him in on a few practices.
He had to use his b-day money to rent his own equipment though as his karate is all we can do right now.
It was like a scene from star wars sometimes when they "practiced!" It was a fun new adventure trying Lacrosse!

No comments: