Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Hip Hop Mamas! (Some of us with more Hip than Hop)!

Last night was the official start of "DANS AGAIN," the mama dance class that I have taken on and off for several years. I decided after watching their "concert" last May that I missed it and it was important to continue in some of my interests to keep me feeling good. So I am back. It looks like we are in for quite a year! She told us some of the activities that we are going to try to do:) I'll save those for later!
Lacy is so awesome! We met the first year she taught (7 years ago) and she is one of a kind. She has 6 kids of her own and goes "non-stop." Dance is so important to her and she has passed that love on to her girls. (Her daughter was just recently featured in American Mall--a new video out like High School Musical). We both had baby boys we lost (8 months apart with the same diagnosis!) Then we both had baby girls to complete our families! She is the one who let me know our new house (the one we are in) was on the market (I had driven past it for months thinking it was being built for someone). Even though we are both crazy busy with our own lives and families, we can always pick up right where we left off with each other!
Our first night's attempt at the splits. It was great to see lots of my friends from class! Looking forward to a fun year!

1 comment:

Cami said...

It looks like your splits are the best! I gotta find me a dance class around here - love it!