Monday, September 29, 2008

A Lifetime of Love...at Mile Marker 40 (Years)

My parents celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary Sept. 19, 2008. We wanted them to have that day to do what they wanted but told them that we wanted to celebrate with them on Sept. 20th. All they knew was that we were meeting at the SLC Temple at 4:00 p.m. to do sealings together as a family and then we would like to take them out for a nice dinner!
Being in the sealing room in the temple was an incredibly spiritual experience for me. I had the "money shot" (sitting next to the sealer and Steve who was a witness when my parents were at the altar) of my parents' faces and the light was coming in through the elegant white curtains. To see their expressions and have all of my siblings and their spouses in that very room (dressed in white); the spirit was very tangible. No matter how cliche it is...It was a glimpse of heaven for me and I knew we were all going to be together forever!
We took pictures afterward. We asked one sister outside to take our family's picture. We could all see the camera move as she took it (several times) but there were not a whole lot of other people there to ask and we didn't want to hurt her feelings by asking someone else to take our picture after her! We'll pretend it was one of those awesome angled shots!
The tree that Steve and me had one of our wedding photos taken by (15 years ago) has apparently been moved. We found it and had memories of our freeeeeezing wedding day photos by that tree!
After the temple and pictures, we headed past my mom's old place of employment (the Church Office Bldg.) and surprised them with a family dinner at the Lion House. Here is a picture on the way over there, in front of the beautiful flower gardens. Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad! (More details in next post:)

2 comments:

flynn family said...

Hey Annalisa. The tree you had your pix in front of was destroyed by that tornado about 5-7 years ago. Remember that? THe crazy tornado in SLC? Loved your pix--you are so pretty!

Annalee said...

Hey Thanks Kim! I obviously misunderstood the person giving us the info on the tree. I claim to only have one functioning brain cell some days:) How are you feeling? I will check your blog to see! Have a great Conference Weekend (I hope in jammies like me:)