Sunday, September 28, 2008

Scrapbook Weekend!

Two times a year, my sisters, sisters' in law, parents, (and my brother Matt) come together for a relaxing weekend at my parents home. We try to leave behind all of the stresses of the world and our lives and just enjoy our time together! We actually scrapbooked years ago but it has evolved into a time where we can also get a project or two done or simply catch up on a movie and a nap! We also try to work in an outing or a lunch to make sure we actually shower once in the 72 hours! (I am so proud of myself for walking on the wild side and not showering one day! I think that is a first for me since I take 1-2 showers/rinses a day!) Here we are after eating lunch at Texas Roadhouse.
My Aunt Linnea and cousin Alicia were able to make the lunch as Uncle Kent was visiting from Florida.
Poor lighting on this picture but what handsome brothers! We miss the good ole days with Uncle Kent in Utah! He is quite a character and so fun to listen to.
More pics of the Gus relatives!
Of course my posts just wouldn't be the same without me posting pictures out of order (sorry I always forget that only 5 pics will upload at a time and it throws off my groove:) I was welcomed home by my kids--here are the boys showing off their "guns!"
My Mom makes the best fudge ever and she "whipped up" (2-3 hour process) a double batch before we returned to our homes. This fudge is a very fond memory for me and always reminds me of her Mom and all of the West Weber relatives! We might all be diabetic but you can't beat the good cookin! (Right after my 10 pieces of fudge, Kimi and me declared to each other we would lose 10 pounds by Thanksgiving. Jennie gave us her coveted diet and exercise tips to follow. Game on!)
Here are Timi and Tami working on their projects! Oh-"I apologize!!" It's Kimi and Cami! (Inside joke for us always accidentally messing up our two sister-in-laws' names! They are good sports to join such a wild and crazy Gus family! We love you guys!
Annissa set up her family's blog (Whitehouse Whippersnappers) and Kimi set theirs up as well (The Gus Squad). All of my siblings are now officially connected through the blogging world so we can know each other's inner-most thoughts! Jennie is such a great resource to all of us-- "Jen-nay wannabees" with her techy skills and cutting edge knowledge on everything. Behind Annissa on the computer is my gorgeous sister "Jul-lay" (not pictured at her request). She was in pain the whole time with an undiagnosed "aneurysm/stiff neck/migraine/MUCHO pain-o!!" We felt so bad for her having to use her only break from life to nurse her neck and head! She will be going to the doctor tomorrow to update us right!!?? Hope you are felling better Julie!
Here's the whole gang at lunch! We paired up so we could get the 2/$15.99 special! It was very good! Our waitress learned to like us within 10-15 minutes!
Mom & Dad continued their 40th Anniversary celebration since we had to have someone "ride the saddle" while we were there! After lunch, the girls slipped out to the movie "The Women." We thought it was pretty good. It was wild that there was only one man in the audience (with his wife) and the rest of the 20-30 people were women. It was funny how they nailed exactly how women talk and act. Home for more food (each of us took a meal cooking) and a chick flick. Thanks Steve and hubbies for doing such a great job with the kids! Thanks Mom & Dad for hosting! Thanks sisters for being so fun to hang out with! Thanks Matt for coming (until you guys have kids:) to keep us so entertained, help with sacrificial lamb errands, and just being so awesome! Until April everyone...goodnight!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi Annalee! It is Michelle (used to be Butler) from dear old davis. I have been visiting Jennie via Circe and decided to hop over here and say hi! Your family is so darling! Isn't blogging fun?

Toni said...

You ladies always have so much fun. Love the pics!

mama fish said...

You are so funny! Sorry if I ruined the weekend with my headache/anuerism(sp)/migraine/pain. I'm sure you were "done" with the diagnosing. Thanks for being so supportive-I had fun anyway.

Crazy Lees said...

Now I know why you are always so chipper...You get to do the most fun things girlfriend!